I find myself recommending social media contests to clients more and more lately, so I wanted to share some quick ideas.
Social media contests are a great way to gain followers, connect with your audience in a fun way, increase interaction, and promote a new product or service you’re launching. There are apps and websites out there that can help you set up separate Facebook tabs or whatever, but there’s beauty in simplicity too.
Let’s look at some super-simple ideas that can jump start your interaction and following:
- Ask readers to post picture of them reading your content/listening to podcast/etc. and hashtag your customer contest tag or tag your company
- Like and tag friends for a chance to win
- Repost photo and tag company
Social Media Examiner has a great round-up of ideas and how-tos for Instagram contests here.
- Caption contest for a photo
- Likes vs. Shares and choose a random winner
Take a look at this list of 30 Facebook timeline contest ideas, plus how to structure your post for the highest conversion.
- Creative tweet using your hashtag
- # of retweets, then choose random retweeter
Here’s a list of 6 contest ideas for Twitter that are worth checking out.
- Access to your ebook/ecourse/a coaching session/etc.
- Popular product in your industry
- Create quality, compelling graphics for your contest
- Create a custom hashtag
- Have clear, simple rules for how to enter and how the winner will be chosen
- Create a content strategy before you start. When will you promote? How long? What can you do each day to promote?
These are just very simple ideas to get you started!
Have you run a social media contest before? Tell us about it in the comments!