Now that you’re convinced you need a newsletter and have chosen a provider, it’s time to write! You may be thinking,
“I already write blog posts. I don’t have time to write a newsletter!” Don’t worry, this will be painless.
What to write about + newsletter tips:
- First, keep it short and sweet.
- You must have a compelling headline. Make sure you stand out in the inbox.
- Already have a blog? Great! Use your newest blog post. Use a great opening paragraph and then have a “read more” link sending readers to your blog post. Your blog post titles need to be attention grabbing, too, so this will help your newsletters.
- Write a little about your newest feature. Marie Forleo, inspiring woman + founder of B-School, writes a few sentences about her newest “Q&A Tuesday” with a picture and link to the newest video.
An example from Marie Forleo:
- Use frequently asked questions or quick tips. Again, keep it short, simple + engaging. You can re-use this tip or FAQ for a blog post down the line.
- Which emails do you open and which emails do you find compelling? Which do you click through to websites? Pay attention and test that method in your own newsletters!
What do you write in your newsletters?