If someone asked you what you know about SEO, what’s the first thing that comes to mind?
Most people say it has something to do with keywords.
But there’s a lot of confusion about what to target, how to target, how to research, and so on. It can quickly become overwhelming and causes many people to give up.
But here’s the thing. Keyword research doesn’t need to be that hard!
I’ll show you how. Let’s dig into the basics of how to effectively research and target keywords on your site and blog.
What’s a keyword or keyword phrase?
- Keywords are the words or phrases that describe your site.
- They are what people might type into a search engine to pull up your website or blog post.
- A long-tail keyword is a keyword phrase that is really specific, detailed, long, etc.
- A more detailed phrase such as “highly rated holistic health coach for women” rather than “holistic health coach”
- A question such as “how can I find good keywords for my blog posts?”