I’ve been haunted by perfectionism my whole life. I tend to be very hard on myself for making mistakes or not getting the results I’ve envisioned. Starting my own business brought this to light even more, but also helped me overcome it (to some degree). I’ve made so many mistakes since starting my blog, alone.
A Few Mistakes I’ve Made Since Launching My Blog:
- Just last week I forgot to change the subject line in my email newsletter, so it ended up going out with the same subject as the week before. (Sorry, guys, I’m sure that was confusing! My open rate was still 34%…this is why I love my readers.)
- In fact, I’m not that great with emails in general. That little description at the top of the email in MailChimp? My enemy. (Sorry, Danielle!)
- I almost always edit a blog post after it’s already gone live.
- I had image examples for this blog post that I’ve been saving for awhile…but now I can’t find them.
- I constantly forget to share things to my Facebook business page.
- I’ve shared things to the wrong Facebook business page! (ugh!)
- I’ve spent money on WP themes I’ve never used.
- I had two websites when I launched. I’ve been doing this long enough to know better. Oh well.
- My SEO plugin was messed up for an ENTIRE YEAR. I specialize in SEO.
But you know what? Nothing bad happened. I survived. If anything, I’ve learned from all these little mistakes and have learned to move on quickly. I don’t have time to worry about it because I’m already moving on to the next thing (client work, blog post, ebook, redesign, etc, etc.) Continue Reading…